Monday, March 17, 2008

16th March '08 - Maratona della città di Roma






Yesterday I ran my first Rome Marathon... it has been 5 years that I tried to participate in this race, but I never could, because of timing, sickness, procrastinating...etc, so after the Berlin Marathon in September'05, I could run yesterday the race in MY city..... ROMA!




My real time was 05:10:40 at the finish line!




Without the psychological support from Fabio, Marybeth and Bob, I think, I would not have managed it - Marybeth and Bob were following my steps through the whole city and they were so amazing in encouraging me and accompanying me during this challenge.




Next year we all want to run or walk this beautiful race throught the Eternal City and ... who knows if somebody else feels like joining us?




3 comments:

Mami said...

Ilo, bravissima!!!
Che bel blog!!!
L'anno prossimo, diventero' anch'io la tua support staff!!!

giorgio said...

Tedesca, capricorno, anno del cinghiale...
Avrai mica un po' la testa dura?
Giorgio

maria said...

Ciao Ilona sono entrata nel tuo blog.. sei una rivelazione.. hai visto i risultati della società siamo i primi nella regione.. a stasera!!!maria